Are you planning a trip to Egypt but need to figure out how much time to spend exploring this incredible country? Look no further than 9 Days in Egypt, allowing you to experience the best of Egypt’s history, culture, and natural beauty. This guide will provide a day-by-day itinerary, tips for a successful trip, and other unique activities in Egypt.
Welcome to an unforgettable journey through the heart of Egypt! In 9 days, you’ll explore ancient wonders, immerse yourself in rich cultural experiences, and cruise along the historic Nile River. Egypt, a land where history and legend intertwine, awaits your discovery.
Our meticulously crafted itinerary will take you from the bustling streets of Cairo to the tranquil Egypt temples, from the magnificent pyramids of Giza to the enchanting villages of Aswan. Whether you’re an avid history buff, a culture enthusiast, or simply seeking adventure, this trip promises something for every traveler.
Top Egypt Itinerary 9 Days
Join us as we delve into the treasures of Egypt, a land where every stone tells a story, every monument whispers secrets, and every day promises new adventures. Let’s begin your 9-day Egyptian odyssey, a voyage through history, culture, and enchantment.
Itinerary #1: 9 Day Cairo & Nile Cruise and Alexandria by Flight [Most Booked]
Day 1: Arrival in Cairo
Morning/Afternoon: Arrive at Cairo International Airport. After passing through immigration and customs, you’ll be greeted by your tour representative who will assist with luggage and transfer to your hotel in Cairo.
Evening: Take the rest of the day to relax and acclimate to the new time zone. Enjoy a leisurely dinner at your hotel or explore nearby dining options in Cairo.
Day 2: Cairo Day Tour
Morning: After breakfast, start your day with a visit to the Giza Plateau to see the iconic Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx. This is a perfect opportunity for photos and to learn about ancient Egyptian history.
Afternoon: Head to the Egyptian Museum to view its vast collection of artifacts
Evening: Explore Khan El Khalili Bazaar for an authentic Egyptian shopping experience. Dinner at a traditional Egyptian restaurant before returning to your hotel.
Day 3: Fly to Aswan – Aswan City Tour
Early Morning: Transfer to Cairo Airport for your flight to Aswan. Upon arrival, meet your local guide.
Morning: Visit the High Dam, an engineering marvel, followed by the beautiful Temple of Philae, dedicated to the goddess Isis.
Afternoon: Enjoy a felucca ride around Elephantine Island and the Botanical Gardens. Check into your Aswan hotel.
Evening: Free time to explore Aswan at your leisure. Consider a walk along the Nile or visit a Nubian village.
Day 4: Tour to Kom Ombo Temple
Morning: After breakfast, depart for Kom Ombo to visit the Temple of Kom Ombo, dedicated to the gods Sobek and Haroeris.
Afternoon: Return to Aswan with a stop for lunch en route. Free afternoon to enjoy Aswan’s serene atmosphere.
Evening: Dinner at the hotel or a local restaurant.
Day 5: Edfu Temple & Luxor West Bank Tour
Early Morning: Travel to Edfu to visit the well-preserved Temple of Edfu, dedicated to the god Horus.
Late Morning: Continue to Luxor, stopping for lunch along the way.
Afternoon: Explore Luxor’s West Bank, including the Valley of the Kings, the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, and the Colossi of Memnon.
Evening: Check into your Luxor hotel. Dinner at the hotel.
Day 6: Luxor East Bank Tour & Transfer to Hurghada
Morning: Visit the Karnak Temple Complex and Luxor Temple on the East Bank, showcasing some of Egypt’s most impressive ancient monuments.
Afternoon: After lunch, travel to Hurghada on the Red Sea. Check into your Hurghada hotel.
Evening: Enjoy a free evening in Hurghada. Relax on the beach or explore the local area.
Day 7: Free Day in Hurghada
Daytime: A day at leisure. Opt for beach relaxation, water sports, or an optional excursion like snorkeling or a desert safari.
Evening: Experience Hurghada’s nightlife, with dinner at a local restaurant and perhaps a visit to a beachfront cafe or bar.
Day 8: Alexandria Day Tour from Cairo
Early Morning: Transfer back to Cairo and then proceed to Alexandria (approximately a 3-hour drive).
Morning/Afternoon: Visit the Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa, Pompey’s Pillar, the Citadel of Qaitbay, and the Alexandria Library. Lunch at a seafood restaurant in Alexandria.
Evening: Return to Cairo. Dinner at a local restaurant.
Day 9: Final Departure
Morning: Depending on your flight time, enjoy a final breakfast in Egypt and perhaps some last-minute souvenir shopping.
Afternoon: Transfer to Cairo International Airport for your departure flight, concluding your memorable tour of Egypt.
Itinerary #2: 9 Day Cairo & Nile Cruise and Hurghada
Embark on an incredible Egypt adventure that will take you through the ages, beginning in the bustling metropolis of Cairo. Here, you’ll be transported to a world of wonder as you stand in awe beneath the towering Pyramids of Giza and gaze upon the enigmatic Sphinx. Immerse yourself further in Egypt’s rich heritage at the Museum of Civilization, where the stories behind each preserved relic come to life, especially in the poignant mothers’ room.
Your next stop is the coastal paradise of Hurghada, where the golden sands and sparkling waters of the Red Sea beckon. Bask in the glorious sunshine and dive into a world of underwater marvels as you embark on world-class snorkeling and diving adventures amidst Egypt’s most stunning coral reefs.
As your journey continues, you’ll find yourself in the historical city of Luxor, the heart of ancient Egyptian civilization. Explore the awe-inspiring Valley of the Kings, where pharaohs were laid to rest in opulent tombs. Pay homage to the indomitable spirit of Queen Hatshepsut at her magnificent temple and wander through the mystical Luxor Temple. Then, venture to the colossal Karnak Temple, a labyrinthine marvel of grandeur, and be captivated by the iconic Colossi of Memnon.
No Egyptian adventure would be complete without a visit to the world-renowned resort city of Aswan. Here, marvel at the architectural marvel that is the High Dam, a testament to human engineering. Glide serenely across the tranquil waters of the Nile to Agilika Island, where the splendid Philae Temple awaits with its timeless beauty. And don’t forget to behold the sheer size of the unfinished Obelisk, an impressive testament to ancient craftsmanship.
|Arrival in Cairo
|Cairo Day tour
|Fly to Aswan – Aswan City Tour
|Stay on Cruise
|Tour to Kom Ombo Temple
|Stay on Cruise
|Edfu Temple & Luxor West Bank Tour
|Stay on Cruise
|Luxor East Bank Tour & Transfer to Hurghada
|Hurghada Open day
|Hurghada Open day & Back to Cairo.
Other Unique Activities and Tours to Do on Your Trip to Egypt
While the above itinerary provides a comprehensive tour of Egypt’s historical sites, you can do many other unique activities and tours that will give you an unforgettable experience. Here are some suggestions:
- Hot Air Balloon Ride Over Luxor: Take a hot air balloon ride over Luxor at sunrise to see the Valley of the Kings, Hatshepsut Temple, and the Nile River from a bird’s eye view.
- Visit the Siwa Oasis: an isolated oasis town in the Western Desert of Egypt. The city is famous for its natural springs, ancient ruins, and Berbbird’sture.
- Nile River Cruise: Take a Nile River cruise and see the ancient temples and tombs that line the banks of the river. Some cruises include onboard entertainment and dining.
- Diving in the Red Sea: Egypt’s coast is known for its crystal-clear waters and vibrant marine life. Go scuba diving or snorkeling to see colorful coral reefs and exotic fish.
- Desert Safari: Take an Egypt safari and experience the thrill of riding a camel or ATV across the dunes. You can also enjoy a traditional Bedouin dinner and watch a desert sunset.
- Islamic Cairo Tour: Tour Islamic Cairo and explore the city’s historic mosques, madrasas, and bazaars. You can also visit the Citadel of Salah Al-Din and the Alabaster Mosque.
- Coptic Cairo Tour: Visit the Coptic Cairo district, home to some of the old city’s churches in Egypt, including the Hanging Church and the Church of St. George.
- Visit Nubian Villages: Take a boat ride down the Nile River and visit the colorful Nubian villages of Aswan. You can experience the Nubian culture, try traditional Nubian food, and shop for handmade crafts.
- Sound and Light Show: See the Pyramids of Giza in a new light with a sound and light show that illuminates the history of the ancient Egyptians and their pharaohs.
These are just a few suggestions for unique activities and tours on your trip to Egypt. There is so much to see and do in this fascinating country, so plan accordingly and leave plenty of time for exploring.
Tips for a Successful 9-Day Egypt Tour
A 9-day Egypt tour can be a fantastic way to experience this fascinating country’s history, culture, and natural beauty. Here are some tips for a successful trip:
- Plan your itinerary: List the places you want to visit and the activities you want to do. Prioritize the must-see sites such as the Pyramids of Giza, the Egyptian Museum, and the Karnak Temple.
- Book your tour with a reputable company: Do your research and book your tour with a reputable company with a good track record of providing excellent service and knowledgeable guides.
- Pack appropriately: The weather in Egypt can be hot and sunny, so bring comfortable clothing, a hat, and sunscreen. Consider getting insect repellent and a water bottle.
- Be respectful of local traditions: Egypt is a conservative Muslim country, so it’s important to respect local traditions and dress modestly when visiting mosques and other religious sites.
- Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water throughout the day to stay hydrated in the hot climate. You can also try local drinks like hibiscus tea and sugarcane juice.
- Use local transportation: Take advantage of local transportation, such as taxis and public buses, to save money and experience the local culture. Just be sure to negotiate prices in advance.
- Try local food: Egypt has a rich culinary tradition, so try local dishes like koshari, falafel, and taameya. You can also try street food like grilled meat and roasted nuts.
- Learn a few Arabic phrases: Learning a few basic terms can help you connect with locals and make your trip more enjoyable. Try learning words like “Salam Alaykum” (hello), “shukran” (thank you), and “Ma’a Salama” (goodbye).
- Stay safe: Egypt is generally safe for tourists, but it’s important to be aware of your surroundings and take precautions like not flashing cash or valuables. Follow your guide’s advice and avoid areas known to be unsafe.
By following these tips, you can have a successful and enjoyable 9-day tour of Egypt that will leave you with unforgettable memories.
A 9-day Egypt tour is perfect for seeing this fascinating country’s most iconic landmarks and historical sites. From the Pyramids of Giza to the Abu Simbel Temples, there is much to see and explore in Egypt. By following this day-by-day itinerary and tips for a successful trip, you can make the most of your time in this beautiful country and create memories that will last a lifetime. Book your 9 days Egypt tour today and experience the best of Egypt.